Mac Mail on OS X Yosemite email configuration guide
Updated on 15-September-2015 at 3:29 PM
This guide explains how to configure your Mac Mail on Yosemite Version 10.10.5.
The account email@example.com is used throughout this guide as a substitute for your own account.
The steps below can be used to set up email on your Mac Mail version 8.2.
- With Apple Mail open, click Mail from the top left of the screen and then select Add Account, select Add Other Mail Account... and click Continue
- Fill in your name, email address and password, and click Next
- You'll see a message saying "Account must be manually configured". Click Next
- Select the account type under Incoming Mail Server Info (IMAP/POP). Either option you choose, the same settings apply going forward. Enter mail.worldsecureemail.com under Mail Server.
- Next screen is Outgoing Mail Server Info.
Enter for SMTP server: mail.worldsecureemail.com/ username: your email address / password
- The Mail app will verify the account and take you back to set additional Outgoing Server Info, add 465 in the Port field and tick Use SSL. Make sure Password is selected in the Authentication dropdown.
You've completed setting up e-mail on Yosemite's Mail app. You can send and receive your email on your email client using a secure connection.
With Apple Mail open, click Mail from the top left of the screen and then select Preferences. Select your account and verify that the proper data is filled in.
Open the SMTP panel to verify Outgoing server data and port values. These should be:
- Port: 465 / SSL On
- Username: your email address
- Password: your password
Check Advanced for port values on the incoming server. This should be port 993 for IMAP and 995 for POP, with SSL On.
© Adobe Business Catalyst 2015