Send a Single eMail Campaign
Updated on 01-February-2016 at 11:47 AM
Use Business Catalyst to send an email marketing campaign or a newsletter to subscribers. There are three types of email campaigns you can send:
- An individual email campaign
- An email campaign series
- Recurring email campaigns
Warning: Liquid code snippets or module_data do not work for email campaigns just yet.
Send an individual email campaign
Select E-Mail Marketing > E-Mail Campaigns, and click Add Email Campaign.
Specify the email campaign properties, and select the One off campaign type.
For details, see the tool tips next to the options.
If not already done, verify the Email From Address by clicking Send Verification Email. Then click Next.
An email is sent to this address with instructions on how to verify account.
Select the campaign recipients, and then click Next.
- To exclude a subset of customers, click Exclude recipients on certain lists, and then select an existing mailing list.
- To filter an existing mailing list, hover your mouse over a list and then click the filter link to the right.
- To create a mailing list, see Creating a mailing list
- Do one of the following:
- To use a pre-built Business Catalyst template, select the template from the list and clickNext.
- To use a blank email template, click Next.
Note: If you decide to change the template at a later stage, ensure that you click Use Selected Template.
Add the campaign content in the editor and email subject, then click Next.
Insert additional content in the layout by selecting tags displayed in the Data tab of the toolbox panel.
Click Send Campaign.
- For trial sites we recommend sending email campaigns to no more than 10 recipients
- If an "In progress" campaign is deleted, the messages will still be delivered. Deleting an in progress campaign and re-creating it will cause the emails to be sent twice.
Insert a module in an email campaign
Business Catalyst allows you to embed modules inside your email newsletters, which are then dynamically rendered at the time of sending.
A subset of modules can be used in email campaigns. These modules can be found inside the toolbox when editing newsletter content.
For a detailed tutorial on inserting a product module in an email campaign, see Embedding product modules inside your email newsletter .
Create an email campaign, and open the content screen. See Send an individual email campaign.
Place the cursor in the content editor where you want to insert the module, and then select a module from the toolbox found to the right of the editor.
Select a display option from the Select Display Criteria menu, and click Insert.
- Click Save Draft, and then click Next to preview the campaign.
To make additional changes, press Back, make the necessary changes and then click Save Draft.