Article last updated by Adobe Business Catalyst on 01-February-2016 at 11:47 AM
How to Create a Basic Photo Gallery
Use B.C.'s photo gallery module to create a collection of images that
are located in a common folder. When you insert the photo gallery module
into a page, the system
will generate resized thumbnails of your images. The Gallery is viewed in a
light box effect. The thumbnails are sorted by file name alphabetically but to keep them in a specific order, insert numbers in front of the file name ... 1-picture.jpg. You can create more than one photo gallery.
Setting-up a Photo Gallery
- Create the folder the gallery's images will be stored into and upload the images.
- Create a photo gallery module and select the folder created at step 1.
- Insert the module in a page.
Create a Photo Gallery Module
- Create a folder from which the the gallery will pull images and upload your images. For more details on how to create the folder and upload the images to your site see How to upload files to your site.
- Create the photo gallery module by selecting Modules > Photo Galleries and clicking Add Photo Gallery.
- Specify a name for the gallery module, select the folder containing your photos, and click Save.
Insert the Photo Gallery in a Page
- Open the page in editing mode by selecting Site Manager > Pages, and click the page in the tree view
- Place the cursor in the content editor where you want to insert the photo gallery
- In the Modules tab of the Toolbox found on the right of the editor, select Photo Galleries
- Select your photo gallery from the list.
- Optionally, before inserting the image you can click Customize and adjust the properties of the thumbnails
- Click Insert.
Business Catalyst inserts a placeholder tag representing the module. When you publish the page, the module replaces the placeholder tag.
- Click Publish or Save Draft.
Add captions to your photo galleryYou can include captions with the full-size photos in the gallery.
- Select Modules > Photo Galleries, and click the photo gallery in the list.
- Click Manage Items and enter a caption for each photo in the Description text box.
- Click Save Item after entering each description.