Send a recurring email campaign
Updated on 20-October-2016 at 10:16 AM
Business Catalyst allows you to create recurring campaigns. For example, you can send the same email campaign on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Select E-Mail Marketing > E-Mail Campaigns.
Select Recurring from the Campaign Type menu.
- Specify the recurring period (for example, every 2 weeks) to send the campaign, then click Next.
- Select the campaign recipients, and then click Next.
- To exclude a subset of customers, click Exclude recipients on certain lists, and then select an existing mailing list.
- To filter an existing mailing list, hover your mouse over a list and then click the filter link to the right.
- To create a mailing list, see Creating a mailing list
- Do one of the following:
- To use a pre-built Business Catalyst template, select the template from the list and click Next.
- To use a blank email template, click Next.
Note: If you decide to change the template at a later stage, ensure that you click Use Selected Template.
Add the campaign content in the editor and email subject, then click Next.
Insert additional content in the layout by selecting tags displayed in the Data tab of the toolbox panel.
Click Send Campaign.
- For trial sites we recommend sending email campaigns to no more than 10 recipients
- If an "In progress" campaign is deleted, the messages will still be delivered. Deleting an in progress campaign and re-creating it will cause the emails to be sent twice.
Putting a recurring email campaign on hold
There may be times when you want to stop your recurring campaigns, without losing all your content and settings. Business Catalyst gives you the option of placing the campaign on hold.
- Select E-Mail Marketing > E-Mail Campaigns, and then select the recurring campaign from the list.
- From the bottom of the campaign screen, select Pause and Save as Draft.
- The campaign is now on hold. You can start the process again by selecting the campaign and clicking Send Campaign in the Preview and Send screen.